• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4' x 6' decal install over rivets....

SameDay Signs

Wondering what your opinions on installing a large 1 piece 4' x 6' decal over rivets would be. I didn't know if its best to throw up in one piece and just work it or if theres any methods anyone suggests they really like. its an odd shape though that basically will need masked which makes it a pain in the a****. The rivets stick out an 1/8" and are about 1/4" round and removing is not an option. I personally don't do a lot of installs but with the employee taking another job I'm left without an installer and must do it myself. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

SameDay Signs

Actually just got a rollepro in just this past Friday. My question in how he had everything else so perfectly smooth before he went to the rivets. As I mention I've always relied on the installers to do this stuff. Yes I can wrap a flat box truck do signs and etc but when it comes to rivets it really stumps me. Do I just lay down right over top work the areas then hit rivet with rollepro? I wonder because rivets are spaced I'd say only 12" apart left to right but its about every 6" all the way down and being graphic is 6' wide by 4' long it leaves me a little stumped. Again I actually apologize for sounding rather dumb about this but hey gotta figure it out sooner or later

Biker Scout

There are several really detailed how-to's on RollePro's site.

But yeah, you lay the graphic out how you would normally. Hinge method down the center. Obviously pick a nice flat spot to start. Smooth the graphic down with a felt squeegee all the way up to the first row of rivets. Just kinda skip over smoothing over that section. Allow it to lay as flat as it can over the rivets. The point is, that you want a tunnel all the way top to bottom. Then squeegee down just past the row of rivets, follow heating and rolling. Done!

player

^^^ So it looks like I could have saved my money and not bought the Rollie-Pro because I have one of those foam rollers...