• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

45 Degree Vs 60 Degree

Joe House

What plotter are you using? How thick is the media and laminate sandwich? Most of my customers just use the 45 degree blade for standard vinyl/lam combos. Really thick laminates will take a 60 degree blade.

C

ColoPrinthead

I do what Joe House said, 45 for normal vinyl and lam, 60 for cutting Diamond Grade and Omni Cube, other thicker medias.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

For your SummaCut model we recommend using the 36 degree blades for cutting materials up to 10 mil. For materials thicker than 10 mil up to the max of 30 mil you will want to use the 60 degree blades. Keep in mind that the 60 degree blades do require a different blade holder that is not included with your cutter initially. If you can send me an email to philj@summa.us I can forward you a copy of our blade guide which has more information on the optimal knife offset values for each blade that we offer.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.