• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5 Ways to Extend The Life of Your Print Heads

Supergirl

Great info! Thank you!

Wish there were some pictures or illustrations to go along with it. (dirty damaged wiper vs good looking one etc)

player

I used to carefully clean the ring around the bottom of the head left by the captops, but I found I was getting clogged nozzles from it. I started pushing the cleaning button (Roland SP540V) everyday and doing a manual cleaning after every day that I would print or once per week. (I don't print daily.)

Could you show me a shot of the DX4 head that shows where the nozzles are?

phototec

Very good info.

I agree, if you added photos it would be much better, (after all, Confucius says, a picture is worth a 1000 words).

:clapping:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I'd change Weekly: A: heading to.

A: Only Clean the bottom sides of the Print Head never the bottom nozzles.

With your explanation in the next paragraph.

Rather than>

A: Clean the Bottom of the Print Head:

Using a swab and cleaning solution, clean the ink residue that build up in the shape of the cap tops on the bottom of the head. After sitting on the cap tops for a week, ink builds up and impairs the ability of the cap top to seal with the head. Clean only around the edges where the cap top meets the head. Do not ever swipe or scrub across the middle of the print head where the nozzles are located. This causes more clogs and can damage the nozzles. If you mistakenly hit the middle, do not worry as this should not do any harm. Just avoid doing it regularly.