• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

80600 - a few missing nozzles = poor colours

jon vital

So we have 5-6 nozzles not firing on the black section on 1 of the 2 heads

Surprisingly, this small number of missing nozzles means that colours are thrown right off and any sort of solid colour prints I'm now having to do on single head mode (much slower obviously)

Even solid black on the head with the few nozzles missing looks brownish

I've tried all the cleaning modes and can't get the nozzles firing again and the supplier says new head (£3000+vat)

Quite surprised that a few missing black nozzles would cause that much of a problem

jon vital

Does anyone have any other tips for what might bring back the missing nozzles other than the standard clean settings?

damonCA21

It really depends why they are missing. If they are dead, then its time for a new head. A 24 hour head soak may help so is worth trying at this point. Often once nozzles have got to the point where they are clogged enough to not fire, there isn't a great deal you can do