• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation CT630/CTN630 24" Cutter Drivers

jomo

Sept 3, 2011

HI, has anyone a driver setup file with drivers for Win XP that I could obtain kindly?

I got this machine, but no software for it. It looks clean and looks like it could be a GO! as far as working.

I'm hoping to load it up and then find a sign profile cutting software like ArtCut or FlexiStart 10 (with built-in contour cutting) and get into burning up some vinyl to learn how to contour cut; maybe even in register with pre-printed inkjet output from another 24" wide machine.

The Company whop makes it has like ZERO support online, yet...I hear that it was an OK built starter unit! I snapped it up used to see what I can learn.

'Appreciate any driver setup file links or let me know if you have a workable file to email me too. 'Happy to return the favour to another Signs 101 Forum user in return.
JoMo :)

round man

if you are looking to contour cut on this machine you are probably going to get your feelings hurt. It is a low cost lower end Chinese cutter and has very poor tracking and if I am not mistaken it does not support contour cutting. From all I've read and my personal experience helping a friend who bought one because of the low price,...these machines are little more then inexpensive starter vinyl cutting machines and I would not advise anyone who intends to run any kind of serious sign business to come within a 100 yrds. of one of these problem makers/cheap vinyl cutters.

the reason it looks clean is probably because whoever bought it didn't have to use it long before they dumped it on you to avoid problems.

jomo

Thanks kindly for our input!

I appreciate your bluntness and experience as well--honestly!

By contour cutting, I mean being able to cut some very basic and repeated shapes across the width of a self-adhesive inkjet-friendly vinyl material that has been previously inkjet printed.

Nothing extraordinarily complex as far as intricacy goes, and maybe even just basic circles, ovals and rectangles as well at times; to separate (peel) a decal from it's backing material after it has been printed and cut.

I appreciate your advice on it being far from a professional machine.
For the peanuts that I paid, and with it having a nice stand and roll feed assist, and with freight...I managed to do it for under 200-bucks.

M hope is to LEARN first, and begin using a good starter-software-kit that in 6 months to a year, I can choose a real machine to run with--if I infact like operating the equipment and can generate revenues from it.

My hope is that perhaps Corel can be the driving software (at this point), and another vector importing software can drive the plotter. That's it in a nutshell for baby-steps right now.

My other tooling in the part-time gig are much higher quality equipment. This puppy just came along as a kind of bonus as far as timing and price goes. 'An attractive intro-point to design/cut software, and with my marrying an identical sized inkjet printer with this back-end device.

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to share with me re; your experience.
j:)
--