• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Abort head wash on a ValueJet 1304 ?

Mahaut

Hi,

I need help please...
I ran a head wash on my ValueJet 1304 and when the printer asked for the cleaning cartridge, as i used a non-original one, the printer didn't want it... The shop i got the cartridge from wasn't much help, not saying much except "we don't understand, it should work". So eventually i broke the cartridge open to use the solvent for manual cleaning...fine.
The problem is that the head wash cycle was never ended properly, and the printer still asks me for the cleaning cartridges when i switch it on... I don't want to do this head wash anymore, i just want to print now... And if i put the ink cartridges back, i guess it's still excepting cleaning cartridges as it says "KCMY NOT ORIGINAL"...

Do you know if there is a way i can abort this cleaning cycle or make the printer clean using my ink cartridges ? I don't really care if it uses a lot of ink, i'm selling the printer so i just want it to be ready to print again, avoiding buying a set of expensive Mutoh cleaning cartridges if possible...

Thanks a lot :)

heyskull

This info was given to myself by a tech and helped me when I accidentally set a head wash in progress.

Here is what to do:-

To call up the self-diagnosis menu, follow the steps below.

1. If the system is in the operation mode or the selfdiagnosis

menu mode, press [Power] key to turn

the plotter off.

2. While holding down [Setting/value -] key,

[Setting/value +] key and [>] key in the operation

panel simultaneously, press [Power] key.

The system will enter the self-diagnosis/maintenance mode
and display the self-diagnosis menu.

Be careful in maintenance mode, you can wipe out the memory and do some serious damage!

It is under

Parameter
Update
Charge Flag

• User/: Charge: Initial wash completed, ink not filled.
• User/Init: Not ChargeÅFInitial wash incomplete, ink not filled​
• User/Init: Charge: Initial wash completed, ink filled.

You want User/Init Charge

Then:

Update Parameter

This should turn the request to install the cleaning cartridges.
Just turn the machine off then on again and it should request the original cartridges.

SC

National Printing

This info was given to myself by a tech and helped me when I accidentally set a head wash in progress.

Here is what to do:-

To call up the self-diagnosis menu, follow the steps below.

1. If the system is in the operation mode or the selfdiagnosis

menu mode, press [Power] key to turn

the plotter off.

2. While holding down [Setting/value -] key,

[Setting/value +] key and [>] key in the operation

panel simultaneously, press [Power] key.

The system will enter the self-diagnosis/maintenance mode

and display the self-diagnosis menu.

Be careful in maintenance mode, you can wipe out the memory and do some serious damage!

It is under

Parameter
Update
Charge Flag

• User/: Charge: Initial wash completed, ink not filled.

• User/Init: Not ChargeÅFInitial wash incomplete, ink not filled
• User/Init: Charge: Initial wash completed, ink filled.

You want User/Init Charge

Then:

Update Parameter

This should turn the request to install the cleaning cartridges.
Just turn the machine off then on again and it should request the original cartridges.

SC
Thank you!!!!!!!