• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AccurioWide 200 Owners ?

Michael Bluth

Hello,

I currently own a EFI Pro 16h and possibly looking to upgrade my machine. However, my question is, has anyone had any experience with KM large format machines specifically the Accurio 200 in general in comparison to a EFI large format machine. Any input from software perspective, to inks, to literally the machines themselves would be helpful. Only reason I ask is it looks like the 200 is a little bit better overall then the 16H but as we all know appearances can be deceiving so with that being said any information from someone with experience would be helpful.

Last edited:

electricfly

I ran an Agfa Annaperna 2500 which is basically the same both Dilli underneath and now run a EFI16h. Both are hybrids with LED lamps. ON THE EFI I find the ink still a little tacky but have seen they have a new ink set out.
One concern that I’d have is with service and support with the KM as I don’t think there are many installs in the field. Our EFI was purchased through KM and my tech which I’ve only had one call into in 3 years also services the KM and don’t believe he has many in the NorthEast.
With the EFI I’m using FX rip and with the Agfa used Onyx.
I don’t think your customers would notice any difference between the 2.
What is tempting you to move away from your 16h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Bluth

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Well, we bought the EFI Pro 16H from Ricoh so the service and support is 3rd party and a lot of times the techs are clueless, I would never recommend Ricoh based on my experience with them. Meanwhile our digital copier department are KM and the techs have been fantastic for us given how much we use them. So that is one component in regards to having a first party support/tech service as well as the Accuriowide 200 just looks like it's a little better than the Pro 16H in all catergories, vacuum suction power, print speed, etc. Granted I know it's not by much, I would def get a flatbed but we're on a 4th floor of a building so we are limited by what fits up the freight elevator. The pro 16H has been honestly fine in it's own right, just wondering peoples thoughts. In regards to software do you find one particularly better than the other given you used both of them ?

electricfly

Both software get the job done and I had previous experience with Onyx.

What problems have you had with the EFI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk