• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Acrylic Neon LED or faux neon, some help needed, how to fabricate it?

Boyanski

Hi,
i am an experienced fabricator, have small sign shop and CNC. I more of a "do it all " type of business till now. But would like to specialize in something specific and was thinking Acrylic neon like signs. Not the flexible led which is not really bright, i am talking about super bright led letters

While more or less i understand how they are done - backing, sides, leds, epoxy, I am really interested in the best ones. The finest that imitate neon like 1:1 that are thin and illuminated from all sides.

How are they done? Routed directly in thick acrylic and epoxied? Any cheaper way? Have seen some that are round top, how is this made?

I can not find much info on internet, I assume small ones are using the zig zag led stripes and bigger ones use led modules?

Thanks