• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Acrylic size for EX7 frame on ex box

asignguy

Hi Everyone,

It's been 20 yrs since I built a box/frame and I'm just confirming my memory is correct.

What size the acrylic and frame should be on a 6" box(EX1 frame) size 4w' x 19L'.
Using 3/16th duraplex double 1/2" full length wind strips on front top and bottom. EX7 frame.

I was thinking 19 3/8th x 48 3/8th (outside dimensions) for the frame and 47 3/4" x 18' 11" for the duraplex

Thanks so much

Last edited:

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

It's been 20 yrs since I built a box/frame and I'm just confirming my memory is correct.

What size the acrylic and frame should be on a 6" box(EX1 frame) size 4w' x 19L'.
Using 3/16th duraplex double 1/2" full length wind strips on front top and bottom. EX7 frame.

I was thinking 19 3/8th x 48 3/8th (outside dimensions) for the frame and 47 3/4" x 18' 11" for the duraplex

Thanks so much
Our rule of thumb is that a 3/16" acrylic will shrink by 1" for every 20ft. So on your 19ft long box i would cut it 1" shorter. You will also need to use an expansion moulding. We use 1/2" X 1" angle and screw a piece to the front side and one to the back side. see file attached.

As for the height... see files attached is what we use for the three most common extrusions in pour area. (EX2, EX7 and NS150)
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• expansion moulding.jpg
    expansion moulding.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 28
  • dwg# EX12 hanging.jpg
    dwg# EX12 hanging.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 31
  • dwg# EX7 hanging.jpg
    dwg# EX7 hanging.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 32
  • new signtech moulding.jpg
    new signtech moulding.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 30

asignguy

Our rule of thumb is that a 3/16" acrylic will shrink by 1" for every 20ft. So on your 19ft long box i would cut it 1" shorter. You will also need to use an expansion moulding. We use 1/2" X 1" angle and screw a piece to the front side and one to the back side. see file attached.

As for the height... see files attached is what we use for the three most common extrusions in pour area. (EX2, EX7 and NS150)
Hope this helps.
Thank You! That's all I need.