• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding additional pinch rollers to CE5000

Forty One

As my posts suggests, and before I go out to purchase a few, has anyone added additional pinch rollers to their CE5000?
I have a 5000-120 and was thinking about installing some additional rollers to help it from slipping etc.

karst41

I had a CE3000-120 3 rollers.
I got 10 years of heavy use out of that cutter. Was a fantastic plotter
for not being an FC.

If you bought that 5000 new and run it good every day, you could easily be at end of life.

Take time to clean the grit roller. I use masking tape to pull up debris stuck to the roller
and the denatures alcohol and a stiff plastic brush from Home Depot Paint dept. less than a buck.
Grit roller should now have a more pointed bite to the touch.

If prob persist get 3 inspect the rollers (Buy OEM)

If Prob persist, remove the 3 new rollers and save them.
a 5000 could easily be at end of life, and if this is the case. Keep the Stand and Mounting Plates.
You can Retrofit a trimmer table to these stands.
The stands are very expensive for what they are and if the stand has the 1" Tube rollers for the
roll vinyl even better.

Pretty much all trimmer tables do not support a roll of film and is why these stands are
valuable. If your stand has a media catch basket,,,,,,Double Down.

Anyway I hope cleaning the grit roller or new OEM Wheels solves your issue.
If not the CE 7000's look to be a big step forward for graphtec.
It makes yo money,, never be afraid to reinvest into something that makes you Money.
Meaning dont buy Used. You never know who did what to the machine.

To find Used that was not used is rare, very rare.

As my posts suggests, and before I go out to purchase a few, has anyone added additional pinch rollers to their CE5000?
I have a 5000-120 and was thinking about installing some additional rollers to help it from slipping etc.
We have a FC 8600 plotter and in hindsight wished we had purchased it with more pinch rollers than what we have (4). I have slippage issues when my laminated material is longer than 100" +. I was told that it is a pain in the neck to add additional pinch rollers because you would have to take a good portion of it apart. Am I wrong?