• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Adding LEDs to laser cut acrylic letters

mikeefly could you please explain a bit more how you did this, where exactly is the LED strip, from image it almost looks like you had made a Channel?

I am trying to do a similar thing an outdoor sign letter. We have a C02 laser, so I cannot see how we could do channel they would have to be flat acrylic, trying to find some advise online mgiara what did you do in the end?

mikeefly

mikeefly could you please explain a bit more how you did this, where exactly is the LED strip, from image it almost looks like you had made a Channel?

I am trying to do a similar thing an outdoor sign letter. We have a C02 laser, so I cannot see how we could do channel they would have to be flat acrylic, trying to find some advise online mgiara what did you do in the end?
Hi Rachel. We used side-bend flexible LED neon and used the laser to cut a channel the same width as the flexible LED. Leave a slightly larger opening on the ends to solder and glue in the ends. I think I have a picture of the back I'll try to find.

John Miller

Check out Hanley LED go to their web site. They have a tool that helps you spec the correct Modules. That rope stuff you are showing is DYI, stay away.