• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe CC6: Can I purchase CS6 Stand Alone Upgrade Still?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Due to an extremely large Illustrator file, I had to sign up for Adobe Creative Cloud Illustrator CC6 to finish this project. The 64 bit program is noticeably faster, and doesn't "hang" during saves. Is it possible to purchase a "stand alone" version of CS6, or am I for ever indebted to Adobe for as long as I use version 6? I see there are no copies of CS6 upgrade on Ebay so I'm wondering if I'm stuck.

WildWestDesigns

Might check with Amazon. They might still have some CS6 programs around. My mom just got Ps a week or two ago from Amazon. I think they had both the upgrade and the full "stand alone" version of Ps then. I dunno about Ai though.

James Burke

Sorry for the murky details. I am presently using Illustrator CS5, and I am wanting to obtain a "stand alone" hard copy upgrade to CS6. I don't forsee needing to go any further with Creative Cloud after CS6.

James Burke

Ok...after nearly an hour on the phone working through a CC snag, I called Adobe customer service and found out that CS6 stand alone upgrade is still available as a digital download, with a license number. He said it would be the last available upgrade outside of CC.