• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Creative Cloud Fail

paul luszcz

I have decided that trying to work with Adobe to subscribe to Creative Could is so frustrating it's bad for my health. My blood pressure can only take so much.

They have proven that they are not to be trusted with hooks into my checking account.

What alternatives do I have? When are they going to abandon this subscription model and let us own our own software licenses without their constant intervention? Alternately, what other software can someone used to Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat (since Photoshop 2 in the 1990's) change to?

The have continually billed me (admittedly so) for software they wouldn't allow us to access. My initial error was buying two licenses, one for me and one for my employee, using only one Adobe ID. They had no problem billing me twice a month, but they never recognized the second license. They finally agreed to cancel one of the subscriptions.

When I hired a new employee and needed an additional license, I set up a new Adobe ID and they starting charging me again. This time they wouldn't honor the one year discounted price because of the second subscription they had charged me for and never let me use.

To make a long story short, this month they cancelled the wrong subscription and back charged me for a monthly (vs. annual) rate, taking an additional $79 out of my bank account.

So this gets to the basic problem with the subscription software system. If you can't trust the licensor to honor their agreements and they can disallow use of the software, even when they admit they're wrong, and they can go into your checking account anytime they want and take money they feel entitled to, how do you base your long term business processes on the their software?

I'd buy a box of CS6 but am already receiving newer version files from customers.

Do I have no choice but to put up with their stupidity and greed? This doesn't even include their security loophole which allowed outside parties access to our credit information. They should stick to writing design software and get out of the banking business until they learn how to manage it.

I can't be alone in being this frustrated with Adobe. Is their a forum for adding my complaints to others?

OldPaint

SOMEWHERE ON HERE.......there was a post where ADOBE was giving FREE CS2, ADOBE READER, ACROBAT....i d/l it and have it on my computer. not that i use any of it.!!!!! the full copy of ADOBE READER is bout all i use.
i have been a COREL USER since COREL 3, now own COREL X3.......most anything i need can be done in COREL... including CUTTING VINYL ALL DAY LONG with nothing other then COREL!!!!! PHOTOPAINT does all i need for photo editing. i am no where near as proficient in COREL PHOTOSHOP as joe diaz is, but looking at what he does tells me anything you can do in PHOTOSHOP...can be done just as easily in COREL PHOTOPAINT.

synergy_jim

on the flip side, we have had great customer service and no problems with Creative Cloud for over a year. Sorry about your experience, but ours has been top notch.

petepaz

We just got creative suite 6 about two months ago but when we do have to finally join the cloud we will just buy one license. We can open any new files on the licensed computer and save them down to be used on our internal network. Seems like a waste of money to have more then one license (for us anyway)

hope you get your situation straightened out