• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice for new Setup (Epson SC-S80600 or Roland TrueVis)

vance

I have seen several posts about this. Need some advice if you have a Epson SC.

Epson seems to beat the Roland, but what about the TrueVis?
Is the print quality so much better than the roland, and machine durability? we have a VP540i and is still working after 15 years...

Also what is the difference between the SC-S60600 and SC-S80600?

I am looking to also get a summa S2 140 to do all cutting work.

Thanks

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Quality is very similar on both. You probably have to choose per your preferences, price or something else like ink price etc.

S60600 has dual head but only CMYK. S80600 has more color options so wider gamut but slower speed.

Personally I would go with Epson.

However if you are fine with that old Roland of yours, why upgrade in the first place? Waste of money.

CanuckSigns

I had a tru vis roland, nothing but issues, Roland completly changed the entire internals, heads, ink delivery system etc from their old workhorse printers for some reason and they brought it to market far before it was ready and let their customer base QC the machine on their own dime, horrible experience!

We ditched it and got an epson s80600 and it's been so much better, the print quality blows the roland out of the water, it's faster and almost completly self sufficient, I only clean it about once a month.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

mim

0_o
We switched from Roland to Epson and we have no regrets. We use the Epson s80600 with Onyx Postershop and the Summa s2

Patentagosse

Can't speak for the Epson but I'm on my 2nd year printing with my VG2-540 and I really like it. My previous (VS-540) was a real POS. This one prints amazing, faster than previous, easier to maintain. So far so good, no complain. I didn't want or need to get 2 separate device (printer + plotter) as I want everything surrounding my desk. 1 machine does everything fine as I'm alone here to operate the whole shebang so low volume, better quality. The other guy across the street switch from Roland to Epson and claim he will never go back (higher volume, 6 employees...) To each his own.

Mike Brice

I have seen several posts about this. Need some advice if you have a Epson SC.

Epson seems to beat the Roland, but what about the TrueVis?
Is the print quality so much better than the roland, and machine durability? we have a VP540i and is still working after 15 years...

Also what is the difference between the SC-S60600 and SC-S80600?

I am looking to also get a summa S2 140 to do all cutting work.

Thanks
Always go with the Epson. We've had an S80 for about 3 1/2 years and have very little to complain about. Color is amazing. Loading & take-up are fairly easy (this has been my experience with other Epson wf printers). We attempted to use the white but there was no real market at the time & when we got our flatbed w/white ink there was no need for it at all. Last thing, we did have some banding when using 2-head mode awhile back, but it comes with the option to use 1 head at a time to solve until we had the repair done.

chris20630

We switched from Roland to Epson and we have no regrets. We use the Epson s80600 with Onyx Postershop and the Summa s2
is the combination Epson s80600, Onyx Postershop good for you? Do you use existing profiles or did you make you own individual?

I would go Epson all the way with a Summa cutter. I switched from Roland and it has been the best decision I have ever made. Took a little to get used to the new software but I will never go back. I use Onyx Thrive.

mim

0_o
is the combination Epson s80600, Onyx Postershop good for you? Do you use existing profiles or did you make you own individual?

I use the existing profiles or download them from the Epson Dashboard cloud. I have looked into making my own profiles but I haven't really needed to. I think the colors come out more or less correct as long as its in CMYK/Pantone and I just have to tweak them if they are inaccurate. I'm relatively new to all of this so I'm still figuring it out, but I've been in charge of all the printing here and haven't really had any issues with the existing profiles.