• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advise on What Large format printer to buy.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
Hello. So am looking to buy a 3.2 meter printer for my office and i was wondering which would be the best printer to buy, mostly chinese because of the reliable and maintenance issues. If you have any recommendations please help me to pich and choose. And if it helps for banners, stickers that scape. Thank you in advance

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
mostly chinese because of the reliable and maintenance issues'
You do or don't want chinese?

If you do want chinese, well i don't think you'll get much advice here. and reliability and maintenance will be terrible.

3.2m printers get expensive very quickly. What's your budget?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
There was a sale on the Fuji Acuity LED 3200R last month for around USD$60,000 new. You really aren't going to get anything for less than that for a 3.2m machine.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Why do you need such a wide machine?

For 13k, you're only hope is chinese. and not a very good one either.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
Why do you need such a wide machine?

For 13k, you're only hope is chinese. and not a very good one either.
Well i have a 1.8m printer and i end up printing pieces and endup gluing them back together in most cases, i mean here in the east there are so many customers that issue billboards, thats the main reason.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Well i have a 1.8m printer and i end up printing pieces and endup gluing them back together in most cases, i mean here in the east there are so many customers that issue billboards, thats the main reason.
what's your current printer?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I dont know the actual price. but i think your best chance to find a 3.2m printer in your budget is Funsun.

Don't expect much from it though. It is chinese. but it seems to be a more common chinese branded printer.

dudeinthemoon

I would recommend Mimaki SWJ320EA, it’s not so expensive, runs on 4 ricoh gen5 heads, fast and reliable
Its a little bit out of OP's budget, it cost around 35k, but you'll work at least next 5 years without any huge and expensive problems with it.
And those printheads will easily works with most eco and solvent based inks.

Last edited: