• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Jeti Mira 2732

D3D

Curious about peoples experiences with this machine. Its not extremely popular but a used machine has come up on my radar at a price worth considering. The other machine that does what we want is the Oce 2280 - which will almost certainly have better service but does not have LED lamps. Thoughts?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I believe the Agfa is somewhat quicker than the Oce.
Quality Wise, It's hard beating the Oce.

LED lamp is a good thing to have too.

I would want samples from both machines.

parrott

Investigate service from Agfa, your jaw may hit the floor (maybe the same for Oce).

Both have good quality but slower thank 5 o’clock.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Investigate service from Agfa, your jaw may hit the floor (maybe the same for Oce).

This too.

Although, most the parts from Oce are available to the customer and come with instructions to replace.

D3D

Not following your 5 o'clock comment. Just saying they are slow compared to newer machines?

KaranGrewal

We have Jeti mira at our shop, a Good reliable flatbed, also have a roll to roll option. ( which is not so great to work with). We use to own oce, before Jeti mira came in. Agree with Pauly print quality is great on oce. Jeti has speed. white ink on Jeti is more opaque than Oce. Jeti has 1,2,3,4, up to 8 -12 pass options. we normally run at 4 pass and it takes abt 2.25 min for 4x8 board. will get banding on 2 pass and draft mode ( 1 pass) and AGFA cant fix this issue. So they say 1 and 2 pass modes are for cheap jobs, which I don't understand. I find parts are bit expensive than oce, but easier to fix. we have a service contract on ours. I really like LED lamps on JETi Mira. Turns on and off in secs. Like the ability to just pour ink in containers VS ink bags on Oce. what I hate abt mira is how its require print head alignment every time every change substrate from 3 mill to different thickness. on Oce it was automatic.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

D3D

We have Jeti mira at our shop, a Good reliable flatbed, also have a roll to roll option. ( which is not so great to work with). We use to own oce, before Jeti mira came in. Agree with Pauly print quality is great on oce. Jeti has speed. white ink on Jeti is more opaque than Oce. Jeti has 1,2,3,4, up to 8 -12 pass options. we normally run at 4 pass and it takes abt 2.25 min for 4x8 board. will get banding on 2 pass and draft mode ( 1 pass) and AGFA cant fix this issue. So they say 1 and 2 pass modes are for cheap jobs, which I don't understand. I find parts are bit expensive than oce, but easier to fix. we have a service contract on ours. I really like LED lamps on JETi Mira. Turns on and off in secs. Like the ability to just pour ink in containers VS ink bags on Oce. what I hate abt mira is how its require print head alignment every time every change substrate from 3 mill to different thickness. on Oce it was automatic.
Appreciate the detailed review