• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Filtration for Workshop After UV Printer Install

BabooDIG

Hello all!

Does anyone have any recommendations for air filtration systems to help with smell and air contaminants? We are in the NYC area.

Besides the UV ink smell, we've noticed that some paper rolls (stored in a windowless room, in a room connected to but not immediately next to the UV printer) stored by our aqueous printers and latex printer,s will yellow, but only on the areas exposed to air (these are resin coated photo papers). It's bit alarming to say the least.

Should be build an exhaust hood over the printer and suck the air out?
A scrubber system? Air exchanger? I'm just starting my "googling" but am curious if anyone has already done this research and had success with whatever system you purchased.

Thanks in advance.

victor bogdanov

I have bough the following with the VOC filter after purchasing a colorado:

This company makes bigger units too depending on how much air you need to clean. I have this near the printer and makes a huge difference in air smell, nice fresh smell when running this

Just make sure to go with the VOC/chemical filter and not HEPA

Capture.JPG

BabooDIG

I have bough the following with the VOC filter after purchasing a colorado:

This company makes bigger units too depending on how much air you need to clean. I have this near the printer and makes a huge difference in air smell, nice fresh smell when running this

Just make sure to go with the VOC/chemical filter and not HEPA

View attachment 161690
Thank you for this!

garyroy

Hello all!

Does anyone have any recommendations for air filtration systems to help with smell and air contaminants? We are in the NYC area.

Besides the UV ink smell, we've noticed that some paper rolls (stored in a windowless room, in a room connected to but not immediately next to the UV printer) stored by our aqueous printers and latex printer,s will yellow, but only on the areas exposed to air (these are resin coated photo papers). It's bit alarming to say the least.

Should be build an exhaust hood over the printer and suck the air out?
A scrubber system? Air exchanger? I'm just starting my "googling" but am curious if anyone has already done this research and had success with whatever system you purchased.

Thanks in advance.
Use the search bar also top right. This subject has been touched on a few times and there are some good points made.