• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Amana In-Groove bits?

Phoenix02

Hello,

I am quite new to the world of CNC, and sign making in general. I just made a 2x3' CNC Router and am getting it dialed in and having a lot of fun. I'm running the business out of my garage, so I'm hoping to provide a good enough product that word of mouth keeps me running, as I won't have walk in customers. I will be doing dimensional signage, ADA signage, plaques, badges, and custom cabinet doors. Right now, I'm working on 2 things- sourcing Corian, and deciding what bits to purchase for V-Carving.

Does anyone have any experience with the Amana in-groove router bit set up? It's only a single cutting blade, so I know I can't go very fast and have a clean cut, but I rapid at about 350IPM and cut at 200IPM, so I don't think that should be a problem. I will be upgrading to a smooth stepper in the near future, so at that point I'll probably step up to 500IPM rapids and max out at about 350-400IPM cuts. I will be cutting wood, both soft and hard, corian, plastics- Lexan, Rowmark 2 tone plastics, etc- and perhaps sign foam.

I like the price of replacement cutters, and that i can swap out profiles without having to change my Z zero. I will be adding an auto Z zero contact in the table in a week or two, so that's not a big deal, but it does just seem more convenient.

I'm playing heck finding more than a few people with experience with this set up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael