• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help ANAgraph DesignArt PRO V-4.0

Patchwork

OK... So, I have been using DesignArt PRO software daily for more than 20 years. Before you hate. I find myself married to it, for this is where all my past designs were created. It was the software used when I took this job in 1999 and already housed thousands of designs. The software company is no more. I have miraculously got this outdated software to run in Windows 10! I fear this is it I need to update. My issue is all the past designs. I work at a monument (tomb stones) company and occasionally we have to replicate a design and in the event of a death we must add that to the monument. No room for error for this is literally carved in stone :)

Please help. Is there a bulk transfer that anyone knows of? I would be willing to buy any software that could read or import files from DesignArt PRO. Files have extension of .JBS for added information. I tried and failed with Gerber Scientific Omega V-3.0, Corel and Adobe. I am willing to send a test file if you would like to see if you can open it. I can export as an .AI file but only one at a time and can not edit text after the file is exported. I hope you know somethin I do not.

geb

If you can export .ai file, can you import that .ai file into the any of the software's you mentioned? I liked Designart 5 back in the day, when they updated to Designart2000 or whatever, it had a lot of issues for us. I do not have any old copies of the software.

Patchwork

Is there a bulk transfer? I have literally thousands of designs and hundreds of native fonts to be exported. Even if I export to .AI ... I can not edit text after load into another software.

JBurton

Signtologist
Set up a virtual machine, install it there, use it when you need it only? Shouldn't be a problem as long as there is no dongle needed, if there is a dongle you may need to do some convoluted workarounds or hardware emulation.

Patchwork

Dongle is needed :(
Worse than needing dongle is the fact that it needs plug into a parallel/printer port. When was the last computer you saw with a printer port? LoL

JBurton

Signtologist
Dongle is needed :(
Worse than needing dongle is the fact that it needs plug into a parallel/printer port. When was the last computer you saw with a printer port? LoL
To be honest, last time my engraver pc took a dump and I had to order an xp machine off ebay. They are getting more and more rare though...