• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anti-Virus Software

Jamie Christy

We have been using Mcafee for our anti-virus but the time has come to upgrade it, but I am thinking of switching to a different brand. I have read somewhere that Mcafee uses more system resources than some others.

We are looking at Panda but I thought I would get everyones take on what you like. It seems to me with our high end design software that we may need a "lighter" av software as far as systems resources go.

Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks

GK

I would recommend either Kaspersky or AVG. Norton/Symantec and Mcafee are resource hogs and they don't even keep up with the updates like AVG and Kaspersky.

Ken

AVG..you also need a spyware app.
Adaware from Lavasoft comes to mind.
Cheers!
Ken

ChiknNutz

I've been using Avast! for several months along with Ad-aware and it seems to be doing a pretty good job overall, and don't seem to consume too much for resources.

onesmf

Virus software

Avast!, Ad-aware and AVG are awesome, but I found Clean-up recently and love it. It frees up space. They all work great, and are free as well.

Firemap1

AVG paid version, PC tools spyware doctor, and ad-aware on all three machines. This seems to keep me clean and worry free.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Avast Home addition. Been using it for years. No problems.