• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any trick or typical way to install?

FCD

I have a customer who needs a logo placed on the top of the cab of his semi truck. We haven't done alot of these trucks in the past. The trucks we have done never requested a logo on the top of the cab. Is there a special way to reach the area for install or is just a standard ladder sufficient? Pic is attached for reference, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• TRUCK QUESTION.jpg
    TRUCK QUESTION.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 204

wildside

Open the hood and climb up on the engine, be careful where you stand though, or what we do is hover over the hood with our bucket truck.....

• Agree
Reactions: FCD

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
I believe your referring to the fairing over the cab.
If your doing more than one, set up some scaffolding that will roll right up over the hood.
Well worth it.
If your just doing one, like Wildside said, you can open the hood and stand in there in a couple places safely, just don't stand on the support rods, and wear soft shoes...

Many trucking company's stopped doing them up there because the bugs reek havoc on Logo's.
Back in the day of hand lettering, the One Shot could take a good washing with a scrub brush.

Nowadays... pffffff....

• Agree
Reactions: FCD