• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else have these 2 problems with Flexi 10.5?

Rat_Fink

Hello. I have been having a couple of problems with flexi 10.5 printing to a Mutoh Value Jet 1324

The 1st problems happens all the time and it seems that when I use a gradient fill - in this example, I have 100% Violet C fading to White.
The problem is - the shade is way off than if I just print solid Violet C.
In this screenshot, the top is a solid fill of Violet C. The bottom is the same color with a gradient to white. What is causing this difference in the color?

sample 2.jpg

The second problem is totally random but seems to happen more often when using gradients.
The top part is a screenshot of what I am trying to print, the bottom is a photo of the actual output. What would cause the object to not print as shown?
I remedy the problem by rasterizing the graphic with a transparent background, but that is a pain. Also - since it is random, I usually do not realize it happens till after wasting a print.

sample.jpg

RG

I have had similar problems with Flexi 11. Opening up Preference Manager and resetting to earlier saved preferences fixed my problems. You can also reset to the Factory Defaults.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I had that issue too, till I figured out why. When you select the Gradient fill, be sure to drop down in the little menu with the R-G-B and make sure you select the C-M-Y-K....then it will display correctly. See my screen grab here...the middle is solid blue PMS 299....the top is 299 to white in RGB, the bottom is 299 to white in CMYK. It is the correct color.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 71