• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone getting a good Dye Sub black and white?

Dan Berg

Have been working on getting a good b&w on Chromaluxe metals for the last 5 years if not longer. Two printers and neither will give me a neutral b&w. An 8 color converted from new Epson P8000 with Ink Owl Ultra ink.
With this printer I made my own profiles with an i1 Pro. The second printer is Epson's f570 a CMYK model. Also a good printer but it fights harder to get a neutral print. We use Epson and DTG profiles and for color work they are really good.
The color cast is normally green. We have done dozens and dozens of sample prints to eliminate temperature, time and pressure as the issue. Good presses too. Knight K25sp and a 32x42" Knight Maxi Press, both purchased new.
We stopped selling b&w almost 3 years ago because the colorcast we were getting was unacceptable. We are getting regular requests for them again but need to solve this first. Anyone getting a really good neutral b7w I would love to hear from you. With the big increase in Chromaluxe pricing it has really made it difficult to do much testing.

4DPB

I think I posted on another thread. Not easy to get great BW. I suggest converting to Grays ale and back to color. I have 2 printers. Epson 6370 and Mutoh 900x. Epson using canned profile which for me is great and the Mutoh using a deep black. Mutoh is better in blacks but not perfect. Cooking time can lead to greens. Settling cooling so many factors. We sometimes got great results and sometimes we dont. We use Duraluxe more than Chromaluxe.

garyroy

Dan, I know that your quite accomplished in your sublimation arts.
You are light years ahead of most everybody. At first you might not think this video is pertinent but
watch it through, it may add info you possibly have overlooked. It's worth 5 minutes of your time.

Have been working on getting a good b&w on Chromaluxe metals for the last 5 years if not longer. Two printers and neither will give me a neutral b&w. An 8 color converted from new Epson P8000 with Ink Owl Ultra ink.
With this printer I made my own profiles with an i1 Pro. The second printer is Epson's f570 a CMYK model. Also a good printer but it fights harder to get a neutral print. We use Epson and DTG profiles and for color work they are really good.
The color cast is normally green. We have done dozens and dozens of sample prints to eliminate temperature, time and pressure as the issue. Good presses too. Knight K25sp and a 32x42" Knight Maxi Press, both purchased new.
We stopped selling b&w almost 3 years ago because the colorcast we were getting was unacceptable. We are getting regular requests for them again but need to solve this first. Anyone getting a really good neutral b7w I would love to hear from you. With the big increase in Chromaluxe pricing it has really made it difficult to do much testing.

Hi Dan -

We've had the same issues over the years, also had some small issues with our profiles (one came out a little cyan cast on colored prints, not horrible but not 100% accurate, and now we have a profile we made in Onyx with the Epson contone driver for f7200 printers - it has a little bit of a magenta cast). We press with a Sefa press @ 3:30 time starting and go up for size and 75 lbs of pressure and 375 degrees temp. Our black and white is better but still not neutral like it would be off one our our Epson 9570 or P20000 printers on a gloss or luster photo paper, nor is our color ICC profile as good as a print of the aqueous printers, but you have a trade off with Metal vs. just a giclee print. I sent you a message a few weeks back on LL about this very topic but never heard back, wondering if you got my message?

Dan Berg

I believe I did get back to you although late. Let me know if you did not get a response and we will touch base for sure.

Dan Berg

Dan, I know that your quite accomplished in your sublimation arts.
You are light years ahead of most everybody. At first you might not think this video is pertinent but
watch it through, it may add info you possibly have overlooked. It's worth 5 minutes of your time.

Thank you Gary, may have seen this before but going to watch it again.