• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Having PVC Availability Problems

DPD

I do quite a bit of work with PVC panels and PVC post sleeves. My main supplier is 45 days out on anything to do with Komacell PVC or PVC post sleeves. Anyone having problems with supply and supply of plastics in general?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
yep. anything PVC there is a shortage on. My supplier keeps saying the shipments are in containers on boats in the pacific.

DPD

yep. anything PVC there is a shortage on. My supplier keeps saying the shipments are in containers on boats in the pacific.
I'm seeing my supplier at 45 days out. Yesterday I called Gemini for dimensional letters and my understanding from them (Acrylics) is that they can't find people to work and they are having delays on the front end with design and quoting. I was going to build a PC and then realized I can't get a GPU of any quality - all sold out and prices are sky high.

Is this a new normal? Wow!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
we do a lot of autowraps. We have to call fellers every time someone wants to wrap a car just to see if they have the vinyl. I HOPE this isn't the new normal.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Yes. PVC has probably been the most difficult thing for us as of recent.

Aluminum is also out, but we don't run as much of that.

Superior_Adam

Just ordered a bunch of 6mm that is in stock. The 3mm is 27-35 days out. Aluminum is hit and miss but just ordered the 26 sheets left in 040 and 10 sheets in 063 that were left.

Evan Gillette

I had a little trouble with availability from the sign suppliers but the big plastics companies didn't seam to have any issues. I ordered 32 sheets of 2mm black komatex (an odd product request in my opinion) and two local warehouses had it in stock (and plenty more). I realize this is different than what you are looking for, but check for plastics distributors in your area or national chains.

Nate1n22

We haven't had an issue with PVC yet. Recently have had problems with cardstock, ConVerd board and now I'm being told there is a magnet shortage

InstantOneMedia

We haven't had an issue with PVC yet. Recently have had problems with cardstock, ConVerd board and now I'm being told there is a magnet shortage
Yes, we've heard that 2 mag manufacturers here in US has shutdown. Our normal supplier is at 25% capacity in their vietnamese factory due to Covid.

Nate1n22

Like the day after I made my post I have started running into issues getting 1/2" black PVC. Also had a $12 a sheet increase on 5x10 1/4