• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anyone use Onyx PosterShop 12 with a cutter? Camera Reg?

tedbragg

I'd like to streamline our workflow, and have read that Onyx supports Colex SharpCut machines -- but can't find any info how to make them talk to one another. Currently we're using OptiScout 7 and the WNC controller -- and it works okay -- the camera registration is a HUGE timesaver, but jumping between programs slows us down.

Anyone using Onyx PosterShop 12 or other Onyx programs for their cutters? Where can I find info on setting this up? Colex ain't much help...

unclebun

In Onyx you use a separate module called CutServer to run the cutter. It can be installed on a different computer from where Onyx is installed, and doesn't require the dongle. You can even use older versions of CutServer with newer versions of PosterShop.

You designate the output folder for the cut file from PosterShop and share it. Then in CutServer you set that folder as the hot folder. If you have multiple cutters you can have separate hot folders for each cutter.

That's the rough outline of the process. There are details along the way but most of it can be figured out from the online help.

MGB_LE

I'd like to streamline our workflow, and have read that Onyx supports Colex SharpCut machines -- but can't find any info how to make them talk to one another. Currently we're using OptiScout 7 and the WNC controller -- and it works okay -- the camera registration is a HUGE timesaver, but jumping between programs slows us down.

Anyone using Onyx PosterShop 12 or other Onyx programs for their cutters? Where can I find info on setting this up? Colex ain't much help...
Look at you, contributing already! I have the same question, only we've had our Colex since 2015. We're currently on Onyx 21. I know that you have to purchase the Colex driver from Onyx, which was about $1500. At first I thought that was a lot of money, but think of the cost -savings- of increased efficiency.