• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using TVF DigiPanorama on their latex printer?

JPR-5690

We've been using Endurafab Front FR for about a year now for a client who makes acoustic panels, but after running into countless quality issues Im spec'ing other fabrics.

I just ran a few prints on a sample roll of TVF's DigiPanorama on our HP 560 using the profile off HP's Media Locator and they look great but the images scuff/mar super easily. The ink actually rubs off onto other fabric or even your finger if you rub it.

At first I thought I just needed to increase the cure time/temp but then I noticed the printed sample that HP sent us as part of a media sample kit also scuffs really easily.

My vendor, of course, hasn't seen this happen before.

Does anyone use this fabric and have you encountered this before?

If it weren't for the fact that this is rated as a Durable Textile I would just walk away and consider this fabric too fragile to deal with.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Is the application always acoustic? There are some better options you can use for sure, I never had success with either of those brands when I was testing them.

flyplainsdrifta

Walk away from all fabric on latex unless its canvas and even then some brands are iffier than others. Trust me. Think why they rushed out the stitch line so quickly after the the big latex on fabric push.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Walk away from all fabric on latex unless its canvas and even then some brands are iffier than others. Trust me. Think why they rushed out the stitch line so quickly after the the big latex on fabric push.

That's not true. I have had lots of success printing tons and tons of durable fabrics in the 300 and 500 series from Berger, Pongs, Senfa, and DuraVibe but most of the crap that doesn't work is just relabeled stuff from China.

JPR-5690

Is the application always acoustic? There are some better options you can use for sure, I never had success with either of those brands when I was testing them.

Yea, it is. They're a company that specializes in custom acoustic outfitting and we're one of their suppliers for custom printed panels but most of what they make uses non-printed textiles.
For the custom printed panels they're using an extruded frame system that works like a hybrid of an SEG frame and a wrapped canvas.

I've got some of the digicompetition form TVF, printed a test piece, noticed it would rub ink off onto itself, but it went through a wash and dry cycle with little color fading and 1/8"-1/4" shrinkage per foot.

I tried the DigiCompetition as well and it worked great. Also tested Ultraflex's Ultrapoplin s240 with great results, it's just really pricey.

JamesLam

That's not true. I have had lots of success printing tons and tons of durable fabrics in the 300 and 500 series from Berger, Pongs, Senfa, and DuraVibe but most of the crap that doesn't work is just relabelled stuff from China.
We're creating acoustic panels for a number of clients for commercial and consumer markets. I know it's been a few years since this was originally posted but are there specific products within the company's portfolios that you recommend?