• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon DPF 4200 Problems

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
We are having problems with Arlon DPF 4200 Vinyl. We have installed it at one of our customers locations and it seems to stick on some walls. It does stick on the elevator doors no problem. On the image below the vinyl just started falling by itself. We have told the customer multiple times that it is a paint issue and even given them a pdf on the recommended paints to use with this product. (I have included the pdf and the specs on the vinyl itself) Our guys thoroughly clean the wall before application of the vinyl, and the customer swears that they are using the correct paint. Is anyone else having issues with this vinyl? We have used it at another location and we haven't heard anything about it failing from there.
1704919732821.png

Attachments

• Arlon DPF 4200 series (Intermediate Matte).pdf
    257.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Arlon Digital printing on Painted Walls.pdf
    166.6 KB · Views: 59

LarryB

We have used Arlon DPF 4200 for several wall wraps without any issues. We tell the customers we need at least 2 weeks to let the wall dry before applying. After that we will put a test strip up overnight and see what happens. We us a 1" overlap between panels. Also we print with UV ink. I would not trust Eco Solvent or Solvent.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
We don't use that particular media but we've had issues with our 3M 180 & 480 failing lately due to incorrect installation - seems to be from not heating it down and/or stretching it too much. We don't have an in-house installer, instead we use a few different independent ones and have figured out that one in particular does great work on vehicles but not so great on walls.

In the beginning of time we used Arlon once for interior walls and it failed, but we were very inexperienced back then so who knows if it was the media, the wall, or the installer. Ever since then, though, my boss has insisted we use 3M and until we started using this one installer we have had no issues. Bottom line even the so-called "good" media can be ruined by a bad install!

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
We have used Arlon DPF 4200 for several wall wraps without any issues. We tell the customers we need at least 2 weeks to let the wall dry before applying. After that we will put a test strip up overnight and see what happens. We us a 1" overlap between panels. Also we print with UV ink. I would not trust Eco Solvent or Solvent.
We are going to check with our customers how long they are letting the paint dry before having us install. I'm thinking the dry time might be what is causing it based off of what you said.