• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon SLX+, 3220 matte, cleaning issues

laneygraphics

Have done a work truck and enclosed trailer with slx+, laminated with 3220 matte, for a lawn sprinkler install company. They are having issues with keeping it clean, i havent seen them in person but they said its like mud/handprints are embedded in the wrap and dont come off with general cleaning. Wanted to check if this is an issue for anyone else? first time using the slx+/3220 combo, was that a poor choice? Also any tips for cleaners that i can try to clean it up for them, and should it need to be ceramic coated or something to help? Still new to vehicle wraps and want to make sure i havent made some mistake on choice or install. Thanks for any advice.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Have them get some simple green and clean the areas with that. We have clients use it before a wash to clean bugs and tar and random shit off.
You can dilute it 50-50 and use it for general cleaning without rinsing it off afterwards. That works good for water spots and hand prints between washes. But matte is just a PITA keeping it clean.

regardstobuck

We always suggest having it ceramic coated. It’s a great upsell for you and it helps a ton with matte wraps. We do a lot of Utv wraps and keeps the customer from using a pressure washer too heavily. If you need a supplier for ceramic, we have found an awesome product. Hit me up if you want some info.

signheremd

Have done a work truck and enclosed trailer with slx+, laminated with 3220 matte, for a lawn sprinkler install company. They are having issues with keeping it clean, i havent seen them in person but they said its like mud/handprints are embedded in the wrap and dont come off with general cleaning. Wanted to check if this is an issue for anyone else? first time using the slx+/3220 combo, was that a poor choice? Also any tips for cleaners that i can try to clean it up for them, and should it need to be ceramic coated or something to help? Still new to vehicle wraps and want to make sure i havent made some mistake on choice or install. Thanks for any advice.
Arlon 3270 Gloss laminate would be a better choice. SLX+ is awesome vinyl.

Matte cleans up surprisingly well with Windex or Simple Green.

I have never put a ceramic coating on Matter laminate, but I see someone else recommends. Will have to try that.

laneygraphics

Arlon 3270 Gloss laminate would be a better choice. SLX+ is awesome vinyl.

Matte cleans up surprisingly well with Windex or Simple Green.

I have never put a ceramic coating on Matter laminate, but I see someone else recommends. Will have to try that.
I will have them try simple green and see how that works, I offered gloss and satin as an option but they wanted to go with the matte finish, might have to change course on their next vehicle and see if they like that more.