• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arrrggggg. What did I do?

Bradster941

Well, here it is,

Started printing a banner, then a minute into it, I lifted the shield to
Stop the print to make sure the head position lever was in the up position.

When I did so I accidentally moved the print head carriage a inch or two.
I immediately lost all color except a faint blue as seen in picture #1

Powered down EVERYTHING, checked to make sure ink carts were O.K., and they are.

After reboot, did a nozzle check and have next to nothing. (Colors gone)
Pic #2 shows before and after Nozzle check.

Also sent the file and same result.

Falcon Outdoor 48 Flexi Pro 8.1

Yea, I messed up, never move the carriage while powered up.

Anyone have a solution to correct my Boo Boo ?

Many Thanks for any help,

Brad.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ouch 1.jpg
    ouch 1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 177
  • ouch 2.jpg
    ouch 2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 155

letterman7

That's bizarre. RandyA will surely chime in. My first thought is somehow you blew the color fuse by moving the head... any chance you could do a head clean, just to check?

RG

Hello, Bradster. My FOJ does the same thing sometimes when that dreaded y-overcurrent error pops up. A powerful head cleaning has always fixed my printer. I have always thought that was strange--all jets are working, then after the error and I have to reboot, no jets are working. It sometimes takes more that one powerful cleaning.

Techman

clear all printer spoolers. Clear the printer buffer. Reboot every thing.. reload the file.. and try again..

trakers

I did the same thing (only just opened the cover to look but didn't move the head) and had similar results.

I just did a head cleaning and all went back to normal.

It was like the whole damn head dried out in the 10 seconds that elapsed.

Bradster941

Thanks everyone, a power cleaning did the trick.

Sure would like to know why we are having this problem.

Thanks again.

Brad. (slowly breathing in and out again) :toasting:

HeavyHitter

Off subject a little. I bypassed the cover switch on my Mutoh so I can see what the print head is doing rather than waiting for the print or stopping the print to have a look. It has been that way for about 2-3 years now.

Dan

RG

Way to go, Bradster. I just knew that a good ole boy from the deep south wouldn't let a little ole printer get the best of him.

And, Dan, I did the same thing that you did--bypassed the cover switch on my FOJ. But, I took it one step further and removed that cover. With the cover out of the way, I can stand behind the printer when loading media and hold the roll in place with one hand while the other hand pulls it tight infront of the printer resulting in perfect alignment and tracking every time. I cover the printer with a piece of plastic when it's not in use. And the cat is NOT allowed on the printer.

Graphics2u

Glad it's fixed! But that is really strange, what connection could that have to needing a power cleaning. Weird!

Bradster941

And the cat is NOT allowed on the printer.

I have always found that to be good advice... except with Bradster it'd have to be the dog or the bird :smile:

So 'ah, 'ya ll saying this might not be a good vantage point for my Quality Control / Production Manager?

attachment.php

Thanks all for the help.

It would be great for a Mutoh Rep to chime in as to why this happens.

And BigDawg, you love it when Bobbalue attacks your feet on the way to the office. ( Admit it !!!) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSCN1558.jpg
    DSCN1558.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 184