• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 "G733QSA-Xs99" vs "G733QSA-XB99"

2B

Needing to get a new laptop, focussing on high-performance specs.

ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 is what I am currently looking at.
Specifically what is the difference between "G733QSA-Xs99" vs "G733QSA-XB99"

On paper, these 2 models appear to be the same, but there is over $1,k difference in the cost.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think it's just an updated model. They sell the old one cheaper to get rid of them?
I doubt it's $1k difference with same specs. Some small difference in the hardware? Those can be specced differently, the model doesn't tell much.

But for real, what you are using it for?? I hope not work :big laugh:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I still think another is older model and it's not sold by newegg. Maybe they just have the price jacked up for whatever reason. Seems to be a little cheaper elsewhere.

But 1080p display for work? Fast yeah but not that special gamut and low res. But anyway...

Yah..
People look at the specs and forget about the screen.
which is why people opt for gaming laptops. Powerful and the screens are cheaper to make.

More and more gaming laptops are coming with colour accurate ips displays though which is nice to see. But still pricy.

weyandsign

The difference is one has 32GB and one has 64GB of ram. But they are both way overpriced because of the pointless 360hz screen. If you want to blow over 3 grand on a laptop I suggest going with Falcon Northwest.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The difference is one has 32GB and one has 64GB of ram. But they are both way overpriced because of the pointless 360hz screen. If you want to blow over 3 grand on a laptop I suggest going with Falcon Northwest.
One has 1tb of space and the other has 2tb as well.

TXFB.INS

That is odd, the "cheaper" has more RAM.....

One has 1tb of space and the other has 2tb as well.
1651016339904.png

both are a RAID 0 , with 2TB using SSD

To the OP, I am glad to see someone using RYZEN instead of i7 or i9
regardless, the price seems high for the entire system