• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention Lurkers

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Does reading books REALLY ever change people? People and their decision making are set in their ways. I read some pretty good stuff that could really help if I practiced it, but I don't change that way. Only way I change is my learning on my own and figuring it out the hard way.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Does reading books REALLY ever change people? People and their decision making are set in their ways. I read some pretty good stuff that could really help if I practiced it, but I don't change that way. Only way I change is my learning on my own and figuring it out the hard way.
Texas_Signmaker As you say, "Only way I change is my learning on my own and figuring it out the hard way." If that is your choice.
My role is mainly to be an encourager.
Reading the book is just an option. I only use the "Profit First" method as a way to develop the "figure it out" in small tiny steps.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Been lurking around Amazon for something to read about business and my lurking on here paid off...just ordered the book!
Stacey K So good to hear. Let me recommend ordering both books, the one by Mike Michalowicz and the one by Cindi Thomason. Why? Because between the two, I am sure you will find something helpful. And, you will gain more perspectives on how to best implement the method in your own particular situation.
Tip, look for the tiny small steps.
Old habits are not one bit easy to change.
(After all, you can return one or both if they don't work out.)

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thank you, I read about half of it over the weekend on an airplane. I am enjoying the book so far, and although I won't need to implement his bank account strategy there's good information on growth and maximizing profits. I own the building I'm in and have zero desire to move to a larger location and hire a slew of people. I am analyzing my first couple years doing this full-time and having an actual storefront, and finding where the most profit is and how to maximize that. I see zero harm in reading this book and taking bits of information from it and applying it - which I will do! I already know how to kill a zombie so spending a couple nights reading this over watching reruns of The Walking Dead is only going to help me LOL!

The Elements of Graphic Design - read about 1/4 of it on the plane...LOVE IT! Way more information that I ever imagined in this book! Can't wait to dive back into this one!

I encourage others no matter what stage of business they are in to continue reading new books, new strategies and pick up your old books and page back through them! Great topic this time Robert!

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Thank you, I read about half of it over the weekend on an airplane. I am enjoying the book so far, and although I won't need to implement his bank account strategy there's good information on growth and maximizing profits. I own the building I'm in and have zero desire to move to a larger location and hire a slew of people. I am analyzing my first couple years doing this full-time and having an actual storefront, and finding where the most profit is and how to maximize that. I see zero harm in reading this book and taking bits of information from it and applying it - which I will do! I already know how to kill a zombie so spending a couple nights reading this over watching reruns of The Walking Dead is only going to help me LOL!

The Elements of Graphic Design - read about 1/4 of it on the plane...LOVE IT! Way more information that I ever imagined in this book! Can't wait to dive back into this one!

I encourage others no matter what stage of business they are in to continue reading new books, new strategies and pick up your old books and page back through them! Great topic this time Robert!
Stacey K So good to hear.