• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

atv & utv wraps

balzdep

looking for a wholesale large format printer who prints and laminates using convex to be used on atvs & side by sides.

Was thinking about buying my own setup, but after reading posts here not sure i want to inhale all the chems. I need to keep the few brain cells i have not killed yet...lol

TresL

Let me know what all your looking, we drop ship for lots of guys.

But use, Substance Material 99% of the time

Flame

Probably need to do a little more research. Eco sol and Latex machines put off little to no fumes so it's not much of a concern. Also just fyi outsourcing prints for MX and ATV bikes rarely goes far. Just not enough profit margin. It's a very tough industry to make $$ at, you just have to play your cards right.

Best of luck to ya!

mudmedia

I did not want to stock substance so I outsourced all our mx graphics. Eventually I stopped offering them as making $15-20 a kit was not worth the hassle. I let the guys that specialize in motocross graphics do it and refer my clients their way.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Probably need to do a little more research. Eco sol and Latex machines put off little to no fumes so it's not much of a concern. Also just fyi outsourcing prints for MX and ATV bikes rarely goes far. Just not enough profit margin. It's a very tough industry to make $$ at, you just have to play your cards right.

Best of luck to ya!

I totally agree, except for the UTV (Side X Side) market. They will spend whatever it takes. I have 2 on display in my showroom.

balzdep

The Side x Side market is mainly what i am shooting for. They spend tons of cash upgrading their machines. Its not uncommon for them to have more in upgrades then it cost new. Figure a grand or so on a custom wrap is a drop in the bucket to most of them.

Mosh

I googled up graphics for side by sides, they are cheaper than I could print them myself for. I use my 1976 bronco, all my neighbors have the razors and gators...my bronco will go anywhere those things can and I can drive it into town leagaly.

balzdep

wow your saying you cant print them for $350....I must be missing something either the material cost i figured or the amount of sq.ft needed must be way off in my projections. ( i am not doubting you, as you are in the large format field )
Feels like i am pissing into the wind here....lol
Maybe its time to mark this off my list & move on. If there is no money in it, then no need to waste anymore time

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
There is money in it but you need to offer set designs. Fully customizing each one will eat you up.
I am working on a "build" right now that is completely custom. The photo shoot is Tuesday (For ATV magazine). It is a PIA and I have to finish it by the AM. I am not charging for it but I couldn't charge enough for my time ( for a real customer).

As said, the Side x Side market is huge and growing exponentially. ATV sales are on the other end of the spectrum.