• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

auto takeup reel not working on Epson s80600

StickerGuy83

I recently took delivery of an Epson s80600. The training is coming when the second one arrives, so the training was very basic and we did not go over the take up reel.
I feel confident enough to use it without the training. So I set it up and clicked it to auto. For some reason, it does not start taking up the media. I have to manually move
the reel by the manual switch to get it to work. The auto function is not working. Am I missing a step? Is there a switch or setting that has to be enabled?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Are you moving the dancer bar down to activate the auto take-up?

Push this downwards once media is loaded and taped to the take-up roll.

20210926_105114.jpg

-

CanuckSigns

I believe the take up motor plugs into the printer somewhere, was that overlooked?

Also make sure nothing is interfering with the dancer bar, I've had it hit a roll of vinyl in front of the machine and not activate.

Otherwise have the tech take a look.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It has to know there is vinyl on there (so some has to be loaded and locked down).
It has to be plugged in, and the "auto" switches on the end have to be set up to the correct rotations.
It is activated by the bar being in the correct range of motion.
Should work then.

StickerGuy83

They took the s80600 away when they delivered the new s80600L. The take up is working properly on this one. I feel it had something to do with whoever did the installation to be honest lol

ikarasu

The take up is plugged into the back of the printer underneath a cover.one day our printed freaked out and didn't he substrate calibration wrong.... We came back after lunch to 10-20 ft of media unrolled on the floor, and the take up reel not working.

We took it apart... And the plug is not held in very strong, the loose vinyl unplugged it.

Very easy fix.... When we called our tech about it he said the takeupreel must be broken and we'd have to buy another one. So even though this is too late for you, hopefully it'll help someone else!