• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automatic maintenance and cleaning on Mimaki UJF-3042mkII

nathano

Hi, our Mimaki UJF-3042mkII has an "Automatic Maintenance Function" where the system will automatically perform operations at defined intervals to prevent clogging. These are:

1. Refresh: discharge some ink from the nozzle to prevent nozzle clogging (1-24 hours)
2. Cleaning: cleaning type and the interval between each cleaning (1-168 hours, Soft/Medium/Hard)

What are reasonable settings to assign for each of these?

On a related note, we only print about 1 or 2 days a week. If we clean the system with "Custody Wash", so that it can sit in a neutral state, should the automatic maintenance functions be disabled?

Yes, this is a 6-channel setup, with LUS-120 inks in C-M-Y-K-W-PR. Does the ink configuration affect the maintenance cycle?

Well yes and no the maintenance cycle is whatever you say it is but you really need to jet the Wh and Pr frequently, a setting a head in a custody wash over time may eventually cause an adverse affect on the white, the white gets circulated more frequently than the other colors by default and the machine needs to be on for this to take place, the white ink is dense, and needs to be agitated, just run a 10x10 patch of white and primer daily and set your auto maintenance at a 2 hour interval at a soft clean as the soft only circulates and contrary to popular belief it doesn't "purge" any ink. And keep up on maintenance on days you run and the day/morning prior

pisola

Well yes and no the maintenance cycle is whatever you say it is but you really need to jet the Wh and Pr frequently, a setting a head in a custody wash over time may eventually cause an adverse affect on the white, the white gets circulated more frequently than the other colors by default and the machine needs to be on for this to take place, the white ink is dense, and needs to be agitated, just run a 10x10 patch of white and primer daily and set your auto maintenance at a 2 hour interval at a soft clean as the soft only circulates and contrary to popular belief it doesn't "purge" any ink. And keep up on maintenance on days you run and the day/morning prior
hi, i have the same machine but when i change the interval for both refresh and cleaning to 2 hours, it'll still auto maintenance every 15-20 minutes. how am i doing it wrong?