• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery 2050 Matte Perm. Translucent Shenanigans On HP Latex 560

zillion29

I have used this product for years on the HP26500 and into the HP 560. Suddenly I keep getting this repeating horizontal line in my prints. Only on this material. No setting seems to prevent it (tension, using reflective or high tack or banner settings) and I'm leaning towards it being a manufacturing thing but I can't see a defined pattern like that it repeats every 50''. Has anyone seen anything like this before, and if so, how did they correct it?

Attachments

• 20220512_083408.jpg
    20220512_083408.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4,856

Ernestww

Yes, this is happening during the last roll or two of material. The lines are not like printer head lines they not parallel with the printer head travel, but slightly random. I put it down to a bad or defective Avery lot, but don't really know.
I wasted a lot of time and ink on HP latex maintenance thinking it was a printer issue but I don't think it is. It is the only media that has this issue for me.

Attachments

• 20220531_114021.jpg
    20220531_114021.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • 20220531_112344.jpg
    20220531_112344.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 20220531_112421.jpg
    20220531_112421.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yes, this is happening during the last roll or two of material. The lines are not like printer head lines they not parallel with the printer head travel, but slightly random. I put it down to a bad or defective Avery lot, but don't really know.
I wasted a lot of time and ink on HP latex maintenance thinking it was a printer issue but I don't think it is. It is the only media that has this issue for me.
Seems like bad roll.

zillion29

We had it happen on our last roll, I just figured it was an anomaly, then it happened on this most recent roll. I have zero patience for Grimco and Avery throwing up as many obstacles towards a refund as possible and I used half the roll trying to test the material anyway. End result, Avery can shove their 2050. We just switched to Briteline.

zillion29

Weird - ours definitely was horizontal across the width of the roll, more or less 24'' apart. But if you turned the light on as it printed, you could see that those lines weren't from the ink passes, it was already there and not receptive to the ink. The ink would be everywhere but on the pre-existing line. We just gave up on Avery, I wasn't going to waste the time running through Avery and Grimco's bs return hoops.