• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit media fast dry methods

Aerolidz

I have a brand new OKI 64 printing on the second best print level because I need thick black to block light. I need to print roll to roll without it sticking to itself. I am running a secondary IR heater across print after the bill of the printer. I have slowed the print speed down and tried 70,80,90,100 temps with heater.
nothing seems to work.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I have a brand new OKI 64 printing on the second best print level because I need thick black to block light. I need to print roll to roll without it sticking to itself. I am running a secondary IR heater across print after the bill of the printer. I have slowed the print speed down and tried 70,80,90,100 temps with heater.
nothing seems to work.
Have you tried adding extra dry time in between prints?

Ahmed Samy Nagada

With all respect to increasing temp and wait times between passes, I have experimented all of these and nothing will work, search for good quality media like HP or Natura.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Extra wait time between passes will make the print speed super slow, increasing the temp above normal limits will cause the ink to loose it's vibrancy.

unclebun

The better method to achieve good color vibrancy when backlit is to apply two prints to the plexiglass. The first print on clear vinyl, no laminate. The second on translucent white, with your UV protecting laminate. Then you can just print the way you normally do, without trying to increase ink volume.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

The better method to achieve good color vibrancy when backlit is to apply two prints to the plexiglass. The first print on clear vinyl, no laminate. The second on translucent white, with your UV protecting laminate. Then you can just print the way you normally do, without trying to increase ink volume.
Exactly, we used to do that 20 years ago, you reminded me of the good old days.