• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Supply Co. to pay $54.5 million

briankb

Premium Subscriber
article says they will get $18-20k per home for repairs. Is that enough to completely demo and repop a house and any electrical?

Locals Find!

Most electrical won't need to be replaced just because the drywall was in the house. I do work for one of the few certified chinese drywall inspectors in Lee County and he told me most of the electric will be fine once the drywall is removed if damage hasn't already occurred prior.

CanuckSigns

can someone bring me up to speed on this? what was the issue with the drywall, and how could drywall effect electrical?

never mind, i missed the linked article

Last edited:

phototec

can someone bring me up to speed on this? what was the issue with the drywall, and how could drywall effect electrical?

The drywall from China contained so much sulfur it damaged new homes' electrical equipment, corroded pipes, created foul smells, and led to residents' health problems.

I think it actually corroded some of the electrical components (electrical connectors), maybe not the actual copper wire.

:help