• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Barcode, Schmarcode!

FrankW

If using OPOS Barcode, you should not set the tool above the first marker, but in front / below the barcode. The Summa should tell you that on the display.

Sometines you need to activate the barcode server in PM through the menu which appears by right-click. There is a menu entry too to start reading barcode. If selecting this, the cutter will ask to set the tool below the barcode.

JamesLam

If using OPOS Barcode, you should not set the tool above the first marker, but in front / below the barcode. The Summa should tell you that on the display.

Sometines you need to activate the barcode server in PM through the menu which appears by right-click. There is a menu entry too to start reading barcode. If selecting this, the cutter will ask to set the tool below the barcode.
OK, let's see if that does it.

JamesLam

I came across this video (by chance) on the SAI bubetube page.
This explains much of what FrankW has been trying to enlighten me. Now I get it, thanks for your patience and support gents.

Snydo

Right-click the tab for your cutter in PM, then select 'Start Barcode Server', now go to the Summa and place the blade about 1/2" below the center of the barcode, then on the cutter display hit Action, then Scan Barcode. Then you sit back and smile when you realize that you will never have to find a cut file ever again.