• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Barcodes Scanning but not Cutting - HP Latex 365 + HP Cutter Combo

tommysigns

I have been having some serious problems with my HP (Summa) Cutter and Flexi working properly to scan HP barcodes and initiate cut jobs. The cutter will scan the barcode and display the barcode number on its screen, then do nothing. Sometimes restarting the computer and cutter will solve the issue, but sometimes it won't cut no matter how many times it scans the barcode. When I check the cut job in Flexi Production Manager sometimes the barcode numbers are different than what is printed on the job. This has become extremely frustrating and is costing tons in wasted vinyl.

Is there any way to manually change the barcode numbers associated with a cut job in Flexi? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So in this case the cutter is working as it should. Problem is between the connection of the cutter and flexi barcode server.
If you are using ethernet, maybe try USB or vice versa? You should see at the bottom of production manager that the barcode server is running correctly.

If you sometimes use another program to run the cutter like Winplot, that will break the barcode server connection! Only run one software at a time.

Remember you can always send the job manually to the cutter bypassing the barcode. No need to throw away anything. Just hit send in Production manager.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have the same set-up, I've always only used the Production Manager to send jobs to the cutter. Until I read this, I didn't even know there was another option! So far, I have had good luck with sending from Production Manager.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I have the same set-up, I've always only used the Production Manager to send jobs to the cutter. Until I read this, I didn't even know there was another option! So far, I have had good luck with sending from Production Manager.
If you want to cut multiple jobs automatically the barcode is totally worth it.

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
The cutter will scan the barcode and display the barcode number on its screen, then do nothing.
Tommy did you ever figure this out? I have been having the same trouble all of a sudden.
Remember you can always send the job manually to the cutter bypassing the barcode. No need to throw away anything. Just hit send in Production manager.
I've been resorting to that and cutting laminated material without issue. The other day though I printed material I hadn't laminated (laminating reverses the material direction) and the job cut upside down! By a miserable coincidence the first part of the cut job was perfectly symmetrical so even though I watched it start I didn't realize the problem until I went to weed it :mad: - it ruined a bunch of material.

Russell J. Bean

I know this is an old thread. But I have that also it’s brand new 2 months old. It’ll read the barcode but won’t cut, what I noticed is the tiny square on the side by the cutter is blocked by the gripper wheel. I use right justification and put the right side at 4.0 or 0.4 not sure which. I just use the arrow 4 times.