• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Been down a long time.....

IanZane

I'll Stick, Spray or Paint Anything!
Hello to All,
I finally got my cursor head base assembly in on the 2nd of June. I ordered that part and some cleaning solution for my Mutoh to get it back up and running. My order was place Jan 5th to a company (won't mention who) put it on a boat from China? Yeah, rowboat maybe. I have never seen any issues with shipping in my life that takes that long. Every once in a while they would send me an email stating that the part was delayed again, 3 times total. I told them not to cancel and just get it shipped asap. Well I'm just glad to finally have it here.
Anyway, since this Mutoh VJ 1604 has been in operational since the beginning of the year, I'm sure there are other steps I now need to take before just installing the part, bleeding the lines and pressing the print button. The ink cartridges that were in the printer the day it ceased to function are still in the machine. Can I still use those cartridges or should I replace them? I'm sure I have to flush all lines too. Anything else anyone has run up against when preparing a printer to become operational after sitting for a half year without any storing procedures perfomed on it? I just want to make sure this will be good to go the first time around when I go to fire it up. I'm not that mechanically inclined and I've already replaced the carriage assembly and dampers since I received those parts months ago.
Any ideas, former experience with, steps I should know about, to have the best chance of success the first time would be great. It's been quite frustrating working on this printer as the user manual is really not much help in anything I've tried to reference from it. Thanks for any and all help foremost with this issue.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
There are a few guys here that know this printer that will sign in soon (I think).
You said you have the user's manual - do you have the maintenance manual?
If you don't I can send a copy to you. It is about 30megs zipped so I can put it up on file hosting service you can pull it from there.
If you want it, send me an email or send it n a dm.

IanZane

There are a few guys here that know this printer that will sign in soon (I think).
You said you have the user's manual - do you have the maintenance manual?
If you don't I can send a copy to you. It is about 30megs zipped so I can put it up on file hosting service you can pull it from there.
If you want it, send me an email or send it n a dm.
No I do not have the maintenance manual. I would appreciate a copy of it. I found the user manual (which really isn't very helpful) online. Email is santaslandsigns@gmail.com Thanks much

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Should be on the way.
Here is the link in case the email does not show up:
Good luck.

IanZane

And if anyone out there can point me in the right direction as far as finding good thorough installation instructions on replacing the cursor base head assembly unit this ValueJet 1604A < please let me know. I can find a dozen on replacing a printhead, a couple on the carriage assembly but not one on youtube for the cursor base head assembly. The user manual I've given up on and There an individual whos sending me the maintenance manual for the printer. Maybe that will help. Feeling stuck and wasting time.
Should be on the way.
Here is the link in case the email does not show up:
Good luck.
Thanks Much GAC05!

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Hello to All,
I finally got my cursor head base assembly in on the 2nd of June. I ordered that part and some cleaning solution for my Mutoh to get it back up and running. My order was place Jan 5th to a company (won't mention who) put it on a boat from China? Yeah, rowboat maybe. I have never seen any issues with shipping in my life that takes that long. Every once in a while they would send me an email stating that the part was delayed again, 3 times total. I told them not to cancel and just get it shipped asap. Well I'm just glad to finally have it here.
Anyway, since this Mutoh VJ 1604 has been in operational since the beginning of the year, I'm sure there are other steps I now need to take before just installing the part, bleeding the lines and pressing the print button. The ink cartridges that were in the printer the day it ceased to function are still in the machine. Can I still use those cartridges or should I replace them? I'm sure I have to flush all lines too. Anything else anyone has run up against when preparing a printer to become operational after sitting for a half year without any storing procedures perfomed on it? I just want to make sure this will be good to go the first time around when I go to fire it up. I'm not that mechanically inclined and I've already replaced the carriage assembly and dampers since I received those parts months ago.
Any ideas, former experience with, steps I should know about, to have the best chance of success the first time would be great. It's been quite frustrating working on this printer as the user manual is really not much help in anything I've tried to reference from it. Thanks for any and all help foremost with this issue.
I’d be happy to help. www.Jim.church or direct message me

Print1

Sent ya an email and text. I’m home tomorrow as well

Print1

tried to call you as well. I'll be at the office till about 5 today if you have a minute.. I’m also working all weekend so anytime you have a moment

Last edited: