• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Best media for print and cut product labels.

Bill DiStasio

I am trying to figure the best vinyl to print my product labels with. I've tried several that seem to curl up and some even fall off. So, I'm looking for suggestions on what to else I can try. I'm printing with a Epson sc40600 and a fgraohrec fc9000-160. Thanks

Image Makers

I am trying to figure the best vinyl to print my product labels with. I've tried several that seem to curl up and some even fall off. So, I'm looking for suggestions on what to else I can try. I'm printing with a Epson sc40600 and a fgraohrec fc9000-160. Thanks
Call your local supplier and ask and see if there is a 6m thick digital vinyl material. That's what I use and I have the same equipment.

karst41

If you are printing with Solvent inks You Must give at least 24 hours to off gas and normalize.
Even if you are cutting just outside the printing area.
My Previous printers were Seiko CP, HP9000, L265 & L560.

What you are describing sounds like an adhesion Issue.
If you are applying decals to Plastics or Glass you need vinyl with LSE Adhesive
Low Surface Energy. 3m 3650, IJ 180 C LSE and Low Cost 3m IJ39.
The 39 has vastly improved.

Outside of 3m you have Convex and it aint cheap!
I do not purchase Oracal, Avery, or Calon products due to the bulk nature of my
products or anything fiberglass.

Also important is if you laminate your media 24 hours after off gassing, I like to give
another 24 hours for everything to normalize.

Goldenstateprint

I have the same machines as you bill and I purchase my material from Grimco. I use there inhouse brand material called Briteline and have not had any issues. I also use General Formulations which works well too.
Briteline Duration - IM3201 & IM3203 (These are glossy and matte white 3Mil)
Briteline Duration - IM3205 (This is clear 3Mil)
Briteline Duration - IM3223 (matte white 6Mil)
GF Concept 220 Semi-Rigid Vinyl (glossy white 6mil)

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Have the same issues with some products that are labeled.
Now I use Crack N Peel Sheets and I print them on our offset press or Digital Copier then Cut them down to size.
Problem solved for us.