• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Jobs or Little Jobs... or a mix

Christian @ 2CT Media

Our major client just recently jumped from $1500 + or - a week to $1000 a day. They also just notified us of a 30day job that is roughly $100k. We also have a few little clients that have been sending us banners, decals, heat transfer (recently) prints and etc. that have been a few $100 an order mixed in.

One of my business partners has been working with other shops around town doing installs averaging 40+ hours a week so that adds a few $1000 a week.

All in all we have a broad range day to day and a massive project looming.

Last edited:

Mosh

Our average product is $10, but we run 100 to 500 of those at a time. Plus the local stuff, that is only $150-$500 a shot. Our cash is the volume stuff, but still mess with the local signs, and low-ball those just to keep other shops out of the area. In fact most local stuff we do for cost or just above.

CentralSigns

Lots of big MDO signs, lots of trucks and vans, trailers it's been really busy these last few months. Stressfull part is managing cash flow since most of my big regular customers is always 30 days + before i get paid. I have broken/smashed my record for amount of receivables at this point and time ... Plus our postal service is on strike :banghead::banghead::banghead: ... I need that like i need a kick in the ____ <--insert favorite word here .......

All those accounts in receivables with work done and the Post Office has a frickan labor dispute. $6000 in receivables dead in the mail. Same problems here Baz, your not alone. Job wise it's $150-300 jobs all day everyday. No end in site, just when gets caught up a million calls and a couple weeks behind again.

Locals Find!

Have to say my job tickets are getting larger and more profitable last month. Have brought on a whole new product line to the print division that helps small business owners. Average ticket went from $70 to $500.

Rooster

No sooner am I sitting at my desk wondering where the next job is going to come from when I'm finished the current project and the phone will ring with another order.

It's been a tad sporadic, but still consistently busy. A nice mix of larger projects, regular orders from repeat clients and some smaller orders mixed in as well. Exactly the balance I'm trying to maintain.