• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billboard Last Day

vinylbarry

Ok the billboard is up and done all but finishing the electric. We put up the panels, and done the lights wow the lights are 400 watts each.
I will post some pics next week with the first ads we will be putting up hopefully this weekend.
This project was a great one for our company it has been the talk of the town and is a great portfolio piece for us.
This has been exhausting for us and we were off on some of the cost like concrete was 1500.00 more then expected, labor is going to be about 500.00 more and crane was over by 350.00 but it was overall covered but just ate some of what we should have made.
Time for a :bushmill:
I forgot to ADD THAT THIS THING IS 55' IN THE AIR

Attachments

• Billboard with lights.jpg
    Billboard with lights.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 101

Mosh

Big sign. Glad our town outlawed high signs, I hate going up over 15'-20'.
What are the sign faces going to be, those flex wraps?

cptcorn

adad
Sweet... When I'm out and about I'll take some photos of some billboards just south of me, that tower over our tallest Pines... I wanna say they're about 80'-100' high at least.

I'm glad I'm not doing this work.... but good for you! Someone's gotta do it!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
That should look great once the ads are running.
Looks like a big win for your company

Question on the assembly - What issues kept you from assembling it on the ground and then hosting it complete into place on the pole?
Too fragile to lift without being attached to the post?

wayne k
guam usa

vinylbarry

Mosh, yes its going to be flex wraps 10'x20 each face.

We really wanted to build it on the ground in lift in place but was very concerned about the twisting it might do in the panels for the faces because they use clips and there 2'by10' each so theres 10 of them per face also there was concern for safety with my guys, because 2 would have had to be on a lift in the middle of it to bolt it to the main mast so I thought it would be safer it would had saved some money but did not want it on my mind if one of my guys had got hurt.

mosignman

We used to build billboard structures all the time up to 80' in the air, they were usually double-sided 14'x40' and even stacked billboards that size. I kind of liked doing that work.....it paid well. For a while we did so many that we actually had a huge steel base that was made so that we could build the structure completely on the ground. It would take a 70 ton crane to lift the whole thing. There are not many billboards going up here in Missouri since every place is over saturated with them. I sure miss doing them.

Mosh

Mizzou does have alot of billboards, I see this going down to the Lzke of the Ozarks. Arent most made on the ground on lifted up?

mosignman

most can't be built on the ground because the torsion tube that holds the vertical beams has to be blocked up somehow. Most of the time the verticals hung below the torsion tube 8' or more so blocking a 2-3,000 pound torsion tube that high can be a problem. That is why we built a huge pyramid type base that was about 9'tall and spread out about 10' at the base. Quite a contraption to haul around but made building billboards a breeze. We could get a billboard structure completely built in 12-14 hours once we mastered the process.