• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black printing for cyan

spottydog

I'm stumped on this one. My Versacamm 540 is not printing cyan. When I do a test print black prints in the cyan position. I have ran several med. cleanings. Put in a new cyan cartridge. When I draw ink from the black/cyan hose I only get black ink. Has anyone had this happen and what can I do to fix this.

Your VersaCAMM SP is cross-contaminating on the #1 printhead (K/C). The one-way valve in the Cyan damper has failed, and is allowing black ink into the cyan line.

You need a new damper for each of these colors.

spottydog

Thank you for the help. That makes sense. I have made sure that I have common parts here just in case-o. Is there someplace I can get instruction on how to do this?

guillermo

just remove the hose from the cyan cap top to the pump and suck the ink with a syringe until you get the cyan ink, it will work right away and it will not take more that 5 minutes, but make sure you have ink in the cartridge.
I just have the same problem with the magenta, it took me 3 minutes and I am back in business
good luck,

spottydog

Thanks for the info. I finally got it going and got a monster of a job out finally. My machine always messes with me when I have a lot to do!