• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue Streaks only with crop marks

Full Blown Neon

I have a Roland XC 540 Soljet and only when we print crop marks it smears blue ink over the crop marks. We installed all new heads and wipers. It print flawless unless there are crop marks. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• B3A78983-18EC-4E9B-8A58-35593A20EBC3.jpeg
    B3A78983-18EC-4E9B-8A58-35593A20EBC3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have not checked that but we have been printing everything else just fine. I run a check on that in the morning.
Thank you

If it does end up doing it on the nozzle check, it's a sign that the cyan head is going bad and/or it has a damaged or dirty cable connected to it. These heads fire different sized dots and the circuitry can fail for only one size. The nozzle check and registration marks use the large dot for example but your profile might not use it at all so it can print fine with your profile but when it goes to print the large dots, it shoes the defect.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Curious, does the nozzle check also do a variety of other sizes?
Initially I was wondering how you whiff'd this so bad, he says it doesn't occur unless printing reg marks, good description of the potential issue.
As far as I know they only use the largest dot on nozzle checks. I believe in service mode the nozzle check adds a finer dot next to the large one.