• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 Oralite 5650RA

Aeron

I've been researching and I'm at a loss. I bought about $300 worth of Oralite 5600 to print reflective decals on my BN-20. The roll is cut the same width as the 3165 Oracal rolls I use. My issue is when I load the 5600 roll when the printhead gets to the end, it comes up with a loading error. The rollers are on the vinyl and over the rough areas of the roller bar so it has grip. If I take out the reflective material, without adjusting anything, and load regular material it comes up ready to print. Even taking it out and covering the sensors, its ready to print. It only comes up with the loading issue if I have the reflective material loaded. I've loaded different sizes in case it was the width, and there is still a loading issue. I use much thicker reusable wall vinyl and there is no loading issue so it's not the thickness of the vinyl. I'm completely lost. I've read posts of others using this same material here with the BN-20. Am I missing something?

IsItFasst

That is odd. Not sure what is different on the BN-20 compared to the Rolands we use (SP and VSi) but we print on 5600 all the time without any issues. Even crop marks read fine on it.

TateM

I've been researching and I'm at a loss. I bought about $300 worth of Oralite 5600 to print reflective decals on my BN-20. The roll is cut the same width as the 3165 Oracal rolls I use. My issue is when I load the 5600 roll when the printhead gets to the end, it comes up with a loading error. The rollers are on the vinyl and over the rough areas of the roller bar so it has grip. If I take out the reflective material, without adjusting anything, and load regular material it comes up ready to print. Even taking it out and covering the sensors, its ready to print. It only comes up with the loading issue if I have the reflective material loaded. I've loaded different sizes in case it was the width, and there is still a loading issue. I use much thicker reusable wall vinyl and there is no loading issue so it's not the thickness of the vinyl. I'm completely lost. I've read posts of others using this same material here with the BN-20. Am I missing something?
Ever get this figured out? Same issue here and same exact troubleshooting steps.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Not exactly sure what the problem is, but as the BN-20 is the low end "crappy" model, it may not work as well with reflective, as other models. Have you tried putting tape on the edges where the pinch rollers are? It may be caused by the reflective media itself. Just a thought though.