• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken Manifold

heyskull

I have removed the pipe work from my dampers on my new to me 1614.
But on one of the dampers the plastic nipple came away from the manifold.
Is their a way to repair this or replace the whole manifold?

Thanks
SC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Seems that if one broke some of the others might fail with the next damper change.
What head is in the 1614? The DX5?
I have an old head from my 1304 and it is 3 screws on the underside to separate it from the head.
Gasket looks sturdy like it can be reused.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How does it come off as I have an old one?

SC

Three screws on the bottom of the head. There is a little bit of silicon on there so it takes a little force to pop it off. Make sure you don't lose the the rubber gasket between the manifold and the head. It falls off sometimes. Also, when putting the screws back in, do it like you would change a tire and rotate tightening the screws instead of tightening one at a time.

midmoco

Seems that if one broke some of the others might fail with the next damper change.
What head is in the 1614? The DX5?
I have an old head from my 1304 and it is 3 screws on the underside to separate it from the head.
Gasket looks sturdy like it can be reused.
i need an old head to test my machine what would you take for it? 985-320-1158

MikePro

you can buy new manifolds from printer part suppliers or simply go to ebay. like $40 vs. $$$ for a new printhead.
on my Dx4 printheads, it was just two screws and a rubber seal/gasket that secures it to the printhead.

still a pita to replace, as you have to remove/reinstall the printhead as well but worth the savings if you can salvage the expensive printhead itself.