• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Budget flatbed 10-15k GBP?? & Benefits of flatbed

Ceefree

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking at possibly changing the machines in my cutting room from the typical roller style to a flatbed for higher accuracy and more automation. Benefits wise I don't know what else to expect other than accuracy? For now I have a budget of £10-15k would that get me much? Ive also heared the name Zund thrown around in my little niche sector. Probably dreaming here but does anyone know the typical cost of say a G3 :rolleyes:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
For 10-15k you’re probably only really looking at a decent roll fed cutter (perhaps a summa S2 T160).

If you go to Zund (or any flatbed cutter) with that budget they’ll laugh you out the door. Even a decent priced entry level esko is ~80k and the zunds are much much more expensive.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Zunds start around AUD$180k/GBP£100k over here... keep on saving. Even the Summa F starts around half of that here.. but everything in Australia feels like it costs a bit more than elsewhere.

Last edited:

kanini

Look at the Summa F series, ask your dealer for good financing if you put that money (10-15 k) up front and the rest on finance.