• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bullets, Bullets, Bullets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmoon

Hello everyone! I've been getting awesome feedback from everyone on this forum. Negative and positive I am very thankful for all. I have a small problem with my roadside assistance website's post. Question: How to remove the bullet points and replace them with images, any suggestions. Do you think I should replace them? Here is my website post, thanks for the help everyone:

- roadsideassistanceproviders.com -

kheebl

I would replace them with images of the logo for each company that you can click on the image and go to that page.

peavey123

List-style-image property.

HTML:

<ul>
<li class="b1">The dog is big</li>
<li class="b2">The dog is small</li>
<li class="b3">The dog is medium sized</li>
</ul>

CSS:

ul {
margin: 0 0 0 32px;
line-height: 1.5
}
.b1 {
list-style-image: url(image1.gif);
}
.b2 {
list-style-image: url(image2.gif);
}
.b3 {
list-style-image: url(image3.gif);
}

or if you want the same image for each bullet:

HTML:

<ul>
<li>The dog is big</li>
<li>The dog is small</li>
<li>The dog is medium sized</li>
</ul>

CSS:
ul {
list-style-image: url(image1.gif);
margin: 0 0 0 32px;
line-height: 1.5
}Hope that helps.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For the life of me, I can't figure out what you are doing on this forum.

You seem to have nothing at all related to signs, making signs or any other aspect of this industry. You made mention that you did some logos, but nowhere do you appear to be doing this as a service or product. It would be my feeling, you are by passing the local or Internet people who you should hire to do this and stop getting professionals here to do your work for free.

I've looked at your profile, all of your posts and your own website. Nothing reads sign maker to me in the slightest.

If I'm jumping the gun, I apologize, but would you mind sharing with us how you see you are supposed to be in this group ??
:thankyou:

peavey123

Hey Gino, Londonmoon is new, has only 7 posts so far. Maybe give them a chance? besides a website is sort of a sign...a binary one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're 24,000 posts deep here, yet I haven't ever seen any of your work, or anything helpful to be honest. Only jokes from you really. Can you help this person with their website or not? :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Gino, Londonmoon is new, has only 7 posts so far. Maybe give them a chance? besides a website is sort of a sign...a binary one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're 24,000 posts deep here, yet I haven't ever seen any of your work, or anything helpful to be honest. Only jokes from you really. Can you help this person with their website or not? :ROFLMAO:

Evidently, you don't get out much. :readthread: again.

24,000 posts and all I did was crack jokes ?? Aren't you just the clever one. This whole storyline went down over 6 months ago....... get with the program.

It doesn't even take 24 posts to see this person does not belong here. The questions are about a totally non-sign related business. He has no sign equipment, and no sign knowledge and isn't looking to improve his skills, but just his site...... his non sign related site. He's more than likely an end user who has wiggled his way on here. You wanna help, go right ahead, but try to refrain from making accusations that are cocompletely unfounded.

The real question is...... why would you wanna help this person with their website ?? You like doing freebies ??

:peace!:

Techman

The real question is...... why would you wanna help this person with their website ?? You like doing freebies ??

No, the real question is.. Why not let the admins run the board, decide whether a post is good or not and let them be the board police?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tech, while it's not my site or my position to pass judgement on others...... it is my position and right to not like when someone comes in dressed in sheep's clothing and tries to take advantage of me. While this one is not pointed at me directly, I still can point out certain conditions which lead me to my decision. I would invite you to stop watching my moves, since you obvio​usly have me figured out and be more aware of your surroundings. This OP evidently has you snookered.

Techman

This OP evidently has you snookered.

Has nothing to do with being snookered. I could not care less what the person is doing. What is important,,, the question posed above received a nice informative response that is far more informative. That is valuable data to some of us and is appreciated.

You use Ad Hominem hidden within passive aggressive. Usually a sign that one feels unappreciated for their brilliance. This action is not valuable. And could make a responder feel less inclined to post.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Has nothing to do with being snookered. I could not care less what the person is doing. What is important,,, the question posed above received a nice informative response that is far more informative. That is valuable data to some of us and is appreciated.

You use Ad Hominem hidden within passive aggressive. Usually a sign that one feels unappreciated for their brilliance. This action is not valuable. And could make a responder feel less inclined to post.
And that is the same thinking about all the illegal aliens coming into our country. Therefore, if they don't hurt me, it's Okay. Let'em have at it.

My biggest b!tch is/are people being focused.

Call me all the names you want, pyschoanalyze me to you're blue in the face, mix up all the silly terminology you can muster up...... the facts sometimes still remain true. You see tech, while I'm pointing out a possible misfit within our ranks, you go off track towards me, while the answers still remain the good answers in which they were presented. I did nothing to undermine peavys post, did I ?? My position was the OP and his/her ability to remain. You are the one turning this into a trainwreck. Mine just happens to be pointing out a different set of facts.

Techman

You are the one turning this into a trainwreck. Mine just happens to be pointing out a different set of facts.

The fact remains.. Fred vetted this new user. Fred allowed him in. And then we have another user revetting and accusing.

No need for it. You may have the last word.. I'm on to other good things such as filling some orders.

CES020

Techman, sorry to say, I think you're wrong on this one. A few whois look ups and a couple google searches and he's easy to find. Apparently he's a programmer and does SEO, meaning here's here for one reason, to post his sites on here to get linked to this site because it gets so many hits.

Here's a blurb from one of his own pages :

attachment.php

Keep in mind, when he posted before, he was asked if he was a sign shop and he never replied. I agree with Gino, he's not here for signs, he's here for SEO ranking help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 2.22.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 2.22.12 PM.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.