• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera RIP Color Calibration?????

enis1986

Hey guys,
This is my first post on here...I'm having trouble printing on the l26500!
I am starting to print a 53' trailer and I have done one 2 weeks ago and now my colors are coming out different. I do not know what to do, I cleaned everything there is on the printer and still nothing. Even when i go back to the old trailer and print a file it is still wrong color.
Is there anyway I can do color calibration on the l26500's, from what I understand you have to go through the caldera rip software. If anybody can help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

jmcnicoll

Did you back up your profiles? If you did load the back up and see if it prints the same as before. We've found this to work for us. We've seen many our Caldera profiles drift in color.

enis1986

I haven't backed my profiles up, I talked to a caldera tech yesterday and he said to go ahead and make a new profile and my colors should be close to what I had before. So I will try that out

jmcnicoll

In easy media there when you select a profile there is a button that reads build patch. This saves a back up. To load it you simply install patch.

We see this color drift happen all the time and is an ongoing issue with our solvent and pigment printers.

jmcnicoll

Curious, what printer and inks are you using?

Are you running rip on a mac or linux platform?

Do you know what tech you talked to?

enis1986

Thanx so much, I will definitely try that right away...I am using a HP L26500 and the inks are Designjet 792...I do not remember the techs name. I did however create a new profile and the colors are matching again.

jmcnicoll

Have you tried to just relinearize the profile? We see the same issues with our caldera profiles but get the usual tech response of "I've never seen that before."

enis1986

When I relinearized it, it said that it is not recommended. But I did make a brand new profile and the colors are good again.